Warzone's and Vanguard are entering the next big update, with amid-season update.
Season 2.5 is the developers next big chance to make updates not only to Warzone, but to Vanguard too, as both the games.
Often referred to as the 'Reloaded' update, it brings new content and exciting opportunities for more gameplay focused changes for both Multiplayer and the Battle Royale
Here's everything you need to know surrounding the Warzone and Vanguard 2.5 update,
The mid-season update will arrive on the 22nd March 2022 at 9AM PT for Vanguard and 23rd March 2022 at 9AM PT for Warzone.
- Complete Task Force Yeti with Gustavo Dos Santos. The Brazilian agent will arrive as part of Season Two Reloaded. Pick him up for the squad and get those shiny Gold and Platinum threads for Task Force Yeti.
- Wield the Armaguerra 43. Build an effective CQB (close-quarters battle) or mid-range Loadout with this free new weapon.
- Pro Pack, Boston Breach CDL Pack Hit the Store. Also: get #IntoTheBreach and rep Boston with this CDL Pack.
- “What’s my [[REDACTED]] name?” The one Operator who never hesitates to put anyone on their back is dropping into Vanguard and Warzone close to one of his most favorite holidays.
Tracer Pack: Attack on Titan Mastercraft Bundle
Snoop Dogg Operator Bundle — Light It Up close to 4/20
As Operators trained up through Iron Trials, Perseus has begun reconstructing Rebirth Island’s security measures from the shorelines inward. And while the sun shines brighter on the island — Operators will notice sunnier and clearer skies — the better visibility is clouded somewhat as you learn to navigate around brand-new areas.
With two ships docked in harbors, a Stronghold completely revamped, and the prison yard developing underneath the iconic — and repainted — water tower, this is Rebirth Reinforced.
- Rebirth Island Reinforced. Perseus’s reconstruction of their island significantly altered several points of interest, including Stronghold, and added a new one known as Dock.
- Three Modes Given New Life. Payload, Blood Money, and a new Resurgence Solos mode will be featured in weekly playlists alongside classic Rebirth modes.
- Get Weapon Blueprints, Tons of XP, and New Features. The Rebirth Reinforced Event offers rewards for the entire community, including Weapon Trade Stations and in-game events for Rebirth Island.
- Stronghold Revamped.As the lowest-lying point of interest with few multistory buildings, the Security Area may not have been the most popular drop spot on Rebirth Island when it was first introduced. However, with Perseus’s reinforcement project, this area – now known as Stronghold – features two new structures that could shake up the island’s meta. The first is an extended checkpoint gate, complete with a set of garages, an administrative building, and a walkway over the main booth. Expect to find plenty of Supply Box and item spawns, as well as opportunities for close-quarters engagements. The other is a radar building (replacing the lone communications tower) on a raised circular concrete platform. Towering over the security area, this comms station includes an observational deck with great sightlines out to the Base Camp and Living Quarters areas to the northeast.
- Supply Ships Drop Anchor. Over dangerous waters at the Factory and the helipad near the Control Center, two large supply ships have arrived. With no crew in sight, Operators can explore the top and bottom decks of these ships for items and Supply Boxes. One of them is just outside the main Nova 6 Factory. The other is in a brand-new point of interest: Dock, which extends the concrete helipad near the Construction Site out to the cargo vessel. Both ships can be accessed by walking across the gangplank, via parkour across shipping containers, or by flying down from nearby structures, such as cranes. Fight from these areas by climbing up to the ship’s accommodation or by taking a risky ascent to more exposed higher ground, which could offer better sightlines to adjacent areas on the Docks or the northern Lookout area.
- The Prison Yard, Water Tower, Redeploy Balloons, and More. The revamped Stronghold and docked ships are not the only changes to Rebirth Island:Head to the main Prison Yard to see it partially reinforced and the construction materials being used on it, which can be used as cover or as platforms for jumping onto the guard wall walkways. Operators will also notice a completely repainted water tower with Perseus’s flags flying proudly off its sides. Those looking for height across the island can find that Caldera’s Redeploy Balloons made their way to select spots around Rebirth Island. They are functionally similar, albeit with a shorter ascender cable to properly balance how much ground one can cover with them across the island. There are plenty more places and features to explore on Rebirth Island following the update… but that’s up to you to find out!
- Three new modes: Rebirth Island: Rebirth Resurgence Solos, Rebirth Payload, and Rebirth Blood Money. Built off the popular Rebirth Resurgence modes since the island’s debut in 2020, Rebirth Resurgence Solos allows any mercenary to drop into a fast-paced respawn-enabled deathmatch for sole survival. In this Solo variant, Operators will have their Rebirth meter already activated. This means they will have a free life before needing to earn score for additional respawns. Just like in standard Resurgence, earning kills, completing Contracts, and simply staying alive recharges this Rebirth timer. The Rebirth timer deactivates after a subsequent Circle Collapse, setting up a final free-for-all showdown where only one Operator can fly away from the island victorious. Two other modes expected to enter the Rebirth rotation should be familiar to Warzone veterans: a Plunder variant known as Blood Money and an objective-based mode called Payload. Blood Money works just like Plunder, except that Operators are guaranteed a significant payout for Kills even if their target has little to no money on them. Grind those weapon levels and keep redeploying with your squad in this hectic mode. As for Payload, this team-based mode will see Operators escort or attempt to stop trucks while they travel on a set path on Rebirth Island. Rebirth Payload will be a 12v12 experience, allowing up to three full squads a side to fight across three preset routes for objective supremacy.
- Rebirth Reinforced Event: Unlock Weapon Trade Stations and More. The Rebirth Reinforced Event, set to launch at the start of Season Two Reloaded, is the latest community-based experience where your actions on Rebirth Island actually contribute to Perseus’s rebuild. Like previous events in Warzone, Operators can complete participation challenges to earn new cosmetic items. Conquer all of them to earn the Legendary “Toxic Heavy” LMG Blueprint, custom-configured for mid- to long-range fights. On top of these regular objectives are Community Challenges; these larger tasks invite the entire Warzone community to drop into Rebirth Island. The first of these is just earning kills on the island. If the entire community earns enough kills following the update, those who participated will automatically receive 25,000 XP and unlock the use of Weapon Trade Stations on the island. Weapon Trade Stations allow an Operator to give up their weapon in exchange for one of lesser quality plus additional items, depending on the original weapon’s rarity. These items can include Cash, equipment, Armor Satchels, Self-Revive Kits, Killstreaks… or even a Specialist Token. There will be three more Community Challenges following this first one, each granting tens of thousands of XP and additional features like Communication Stations, Armored Transport Vehicles, and even [[REDACTED]].
- New 12v12 Mode. Trek across the Alps to capture or take out bases to dominate the enemy, building your Loadout with Cash earned from eliminations and objective play.
- Explore the Alps with New Vehicles. Call in Motorcycles, CD12 Transport Vehicles, and Tanks to travel across the snow and ice between bases.
- Climb to the Top with New Rewards in Ranked Play. Treyarch delivers the Top 250 Skill Division and Leaderboard, new Season Two rewards, and party & menu updates for competitive fans.
- Zombies Gets New Covenants, Dedicated Server Pause & More. Treyarch is set to introduce Critical Expertise and Explosives Expert Covenants, plus additional updates for Vanguard Zombies.
- New Vehicles: Motorcycle, CD12, and Tank. Cash can also be used at friendly bases to purchase vehicles, your primary way of traveling across the Alps as quickly as possible. Operators can call in one vehicle for free anytime, anywhere: the Motorcycle. This two-seater is the most agile of the three vehicle choices, allowing Operators to weave between tight spaces and take sharp corners. Its handling and speed come at the cost of durability, as one good rocket or a flurry of Armor-Piercing bullets can easily cause it to explode. Costing only a few hundred in-game Cash, the CD12 Transport is a four-seater Squad Vehicle with enough room for your four-person crew. If you and a few other Operators want to gain ground quickly but cannot spawn near a targeted base, then the CD12 Transport is a great way to cover some distance as one unit. Furthermore, destroying this vehicle will cause a large explosion, which may aid in destroying an enemy base’s gate. The most expensive vehicle in this new mode is arguably the most powerful, as it is the only one to come with built-in weaponry and is more durable than the CD12 and the Motorcycle. Tanks have only one seat for its driver, who also operates as its gunner. This vehicle is equipped with a high-explosive round chambered in its cannon, which can easily take down an enemy base gates or groups of enemies. This can turn around an offensive charge or a defensive stand with effective use.
- Ranked Play — Top 250 Skill Division & Leaderboard (In Season). Challengers: let’s talk about celebrating your achievements. After refining Ranked Play since its Beta launch at the beginning of the season, Treyarch is planning to introduce the all-new Top 250 Skill Division and Leaderboard in Season Two Reloaded. Here, the best Call of Duty® players in the world are ranked in a new eighth Skill Division above Challenger that everyone can keep tabs on directly from the Ranked Play menu. The fabled Top 250 will be showcased in a new leaderboard; along with some of your favorite pros, many of these members are likely to be part of the Call of Duty Challengers circuit. If you wind up here alongside these potential future stars, you may want to see if you’re eligible to start playing in some official tournaments. We can’t wait to see who finishes Season Two in the #1 spot!
- New Ranked Play Rewards. Season Two Reloaded brings an entirely new batch of Season Two Ranked Play rewards to be earned by completing Win Challenges and earning Ladder Placements. These new rewards include two new Pro Issue Blueprints, two Weapon Camos, two Charms, an exclusive Spray and Sticker, and an animated Emblem awarded at the end of the Season based on your final Skill Division. For the ultimate bragging rights, players can earn the Ranked Legend Solange Operator Skin by winning 25 games in the Master Skill Division or higher, and each Skill Division also has a Charm that can be earned by winning 10 games in that Skill Division. As a reminder, all Ranked Play rewards can be used in both Vanguard and Warzone once unlocked. Season Two Ranked Play rewards can only be earned during Season Two, so get on the grind!
Ranked Play Skill Rating Restriction & UI Updates. Haven’t been able to party up with your friends outside of your Skill Division? Treyarch’s got you. This week, the studio is making changes to reduce some of the SR restrictions across Skill Divisions to make it easier for friends to party up, while keeping SR brackets competitive at the highest Skill Divisions.
These are the current rules for SR restrictions:
- Players in Master & Challenger can only party up within 500 SR.
- Players in Expert & Elite can only party up within 1000 SR.
- Players below Expert can party up without restrictions.
… and these will be the updated rules going live with Season Two Reloaded:
- Players in Master & Challenger can form parties with players up to one adjacent Skill Division away.
- Players in Elite can form parties with players up to two adjacent Skill Divisions away.
- Players below Elite can party up without restrictions and can party with players who haven’t yet completed their Seasonal Skill Evaluation matches.
- Party Restriction rules are determined by the highest Skill Division represented in the party.
Treyarch is also adding a new “My Career & Rewards” menu to Ranked Play, where players can access their Rank, Rewards, and Skill Division screens for additional information. Details include:
- Rewards Screen: Preview your Season Two & Skill Division Rewards and track your progress toward your next unlock.
- Skill Division Screen: See where you stack up in the Skill Divisions with information on your current Skill Division, as well as your progress toward your next Tier promotion.
Zombies: New Covenants and Additional Updates. As Operators continue to face the undead and fight back Von List in “Terra Maledicta” and “Der Anfang,” they will soon find two new Covenants to equip during their quest. Players will take on the new Sacrifice Objective in “Der Anfang” for a wider variety of challenges to take on, and the Armaguerra 43 SMG will become available in Zombies via weapon unlock challenge when it goes live in Vanguard. Notably, the Season Two Reloaded update will also add Dedicated Server Pause for Solo games, as well as additional bug fixes to be detailed by Treyarch in the coming days. Players in Solo matches and single-player Private matches will be able to pause for up to two hours collectively per match on dedicated servers, and can continue to pause indefinitely in Offline/Local matches. Let’s take a look at the new abilities coming in the two new Covenants as part of this midseason update:
- Noncritical hits have a chance to become critical hits. Critical kills with Death Blow equipped will return ammo.
- Rare: Noncritical hits have a 10% chance to be critical.
- Epic: Noncritical hits have a 20% chance to be critical.
- Legendary: Noncritical hits have a 30% chance to crit for 50% bonus damage.
- Your explosions do more damage to the enemy and less damage to you. Splatterfest and Energy Mine explosion damage is increased. Ray Gun splash damage is not affected.
- Rare: Your explosions do 50% more damage to the enemy and 50% less damage to you.
- Epic: Your explosions do 75% more damage to the enemy and 75% less damage to you.
- Legendary: Your explosions do 100% more damage to the enemy and 100% less damage to you.